Website Wigan Council
Makerfield Way Depot
Salary: National Living Wage, £8.72 per hour
37 hours per week
Temporary for 30 months from start date
- As a Highway Maintenance Apprentice, you will work within our key frontline teams in maintaining our footways, carriageways, and drainage systems.
- Through a combination of on the job and college training you will develop the skills, knowledge and principles around highway maintenance and assist Wigan Council in maintaining its reputation as an excellent authority.
- Apprentices are expected to be reliable and manage their own time, ensuring they arrive to work/college on time and complete tasks to a high standard.
- Our ideal candidates will be able to demonstrate the ability to work independently and as part of a team, with the ability to build and develop positive working relationships.
- Candidates should be a Wigan Council resident, hold a strong sense of purpose, strive to give your best and can collaborate positively with our service teams and communities.
- These are very practical, hands on roles and will suit someone eager to work on site and learn practically whilst developing a keen attention or detail and a specific skill set to become a qualified highway maintenance operative.
Company: Wigan Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A