Website Avanti West Coast
A great opportunity has arisen to join the Avanti West Coast team as Driver Standards Manager. The purpose of the role is to lead the development and delivery of operations standards and driver training. You’ll provide support to the Operational Standards Manager for the development of operation standards initiatives and meet the future needs of the business.
- Assess and certify the competence of Driver Team Managers and Driver Trainer Assessors to ensure all training and assessment packages are being carried out to the required standard.
- Provide support to the Safety Audit Manager in the auditing of driver depots to ensure compliance with company standards, promote best practice and to provide specialist advice on enhancing depot processes.
- Challenge, review and enhance Avanti West Coast’s operational standards and working practices, identifying opportunities to improve safety and new initiatives to reduce costs.
- Develop systems and processes which will enhance the delivery of operations standards for all frontline people (drivers, on board, stations)
- Review serious incidents/accidents ensuring procedures have been followed and making any recommendations that would lead to improvements.
- Verify Driver Managers in conducting assessments of the Avanti West Coast Driver Workforce.
- Review and implement instructions for modifications/changes to train fleet as applicable to drivers.
- Conduct Assurance checks on Key competence management activity.
- Lead the production and undertake reviews of effective operational materials such as Safety Briefs, Operations Notices and other forms of communication with frontline operations staff.
- Support the production and delivery of Avanti West Coast’s SPAD and other operational incident reduction initiatives and plans.
- Provide support to the Driver Trainer Assessors to ensure Avanti West Coast’s training and assessment programmes are effectively, efficiently and consistently delivered throughout the Company and promote industry initiatives.
- You must be a competent Train Driver in line with the TDLCR 2010 regs and must have 3 years Experience.
Company: Avanti West Coast
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A