Website Bristol Airport
We’re a business where having the right systems and technology in place is critical to our success. Without the right technology infrastructure in place and operating perfectly, planes don’t fly. The IT Business Analyst is a pivotal role, supporting the effective delivery of IT Services and transformation projects through the accurate capture and evaluation of business needs, and close collaboration with all key stakeholders.
- Supporting production of business cases, plans and delivery of products that support and enable the realisation of business benefits.
- Proactively identifying opportunities for improvement to projects and methodologies where they will add value to the business.
- Collaborating with subject matter experts such as developers, solution and technical architects, to establish the technical vision, and analysing trade-offs between usability and functional performance.
- Supporting the reporting of changes to time, cost or quality of project or programme deliverables, and ensuring agreed deadlines and expectations are met.
- Ensuring all projects follow required project standards and procedures, and documenting the results of business analysis including workflows, obtaining sign-off from clients on the agreed current and target processes or solutions.
- Identifying and delivering successful business analysis within different business change frameworks and environments such as Agile, Waterfall, projects and programmes.
- Capturing, interpreting and mapping complex business user requirements using a range of analysis techniques, evaluating and refining as appropriate, and justifying requirements/enhancements.
- Participating in agile meetings, sprint planning, stand-ups, demos and retrospectives.
- Managing the requirements baselines once established with the capability areas.
- Proactively identifying project risks, issues and discrepancies, and taking timely action to mitigate, escalating as appropriate.
- Managing the process baseline in collaboration with the Managed Service Provider.
- Reviewing and updating requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations related to proposed solution, ensuring traceability of decisions and related changes.
- Liaising with the business units, technology and external suppliers, and acting as the link between the client and the project team, keeping all stakeholders informed.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to understand, appreciate and adapt to different working styles and patterns to get the most out of the team and project contributors.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong stakeholder management skills, with the ability to collaborate with colleagues at all levels, and bring technical concepts to life to a non-technical audience.
- Comprehensive experience of MS Office, MS Project, Visio, JIRA and Agile tools, and ideally Archimate and Sparx Enterprise Architect.
- Strong project planning, organisational and time management skills with the ability to effectively prioritise workload, managing competing deadlines and resources whilst adhering to strict deadlines.
- Able to identify and manage critical issues, using a creative and pragmatic approach to problem solving.
- Curious mindset, who proactively develops an understanding of the business and keeps up to date with technological advances in order to develop strategic solutions to challenges encountered.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience within a Business Analyst role coupled with solid technical/IT understanding and a working knowledge of IT roadmaps and their impact on the broader business.
- Experience of eliciting requirements by facilitating workshops, interviews, and through managed stakeholder engagement.
- Experience of working with Agile practices and associated skills including user story writing.
- Proven experience of defining software requirements for complex projects, with the ability to understand complex technical concepts and present them in simple terms to non-technical teams.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to effectively interpret clients’ business needs and translate them into business/operational requirements.
Company: Bristol Airport
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bristol, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A