Website King's College Hospital
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Tobacco Dependence Team at King’s College Hospital. These are full time posts, 37.5 hours per week Monday – Friday, with some weekend work. Contracts are offered on a fixed term basis for 1 year with the expectation that the posts will be extended following funding confirmation. The positions are primarily based at Denmark Hill with cross-site working at the Princess Royal University Hospital.
- We are looking for patient centred and highly motivated individuals with a strong interest in providing support for inpatients that smoke.
- Experience of providing specialist support to tobacco dependent patients in a healthcare setting is required.
- Track record of setting up and running stop smoking clinics.
- Thorough understanding of Level 1 and 2 stop smoking interventions
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good knowledge of health interventions, including behaviour change theory.
- Extensive experience of providing face to face advice, support or counselling on lifestyle issues on a one to one or group basis.
- Knowledge of local NHS services.
Qualification & Experience:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- National Centre for Smoking Cessation and Training (NCSCT) Certified Stop Smoking Practitioner
Company: King’s College Hospital
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A