The Cargo Support Manager is a key operational management position within Swissport UK and Ireland reporting to the General Station Manager and will be responsible for Swissport Operations at station level.
In this role you will be responsible for the day-to-day operational excellence of the station. To lead, plan and manage all operational activities associated with cargo service handling in line with our procedures, policies and brand values.
- Complete daily H & S / Security walk through of the Industrial Operation, ensuring all damage to equipment and/or building is reported and actioned
- Manage inventory of all essential consumables, ensuring stock levels are maintained Customer Service Levels
- Ensure up-line management are updated of any special requests, any staff / processing recommendations, and irregularities through day-to-day communication and the completion of handover logs.
- Ensure absence/sickness is robustly managed in line with company procedures and acceptable levels.
- Management of Security procedures & requirements on a shift basis.
- Managing and directing a team of Cargo Duty Managers – ensuring manning levels are adequate for operational needs and costs, and that overtime and sickness absence are kept to a minimum, and overall are within budgetary directives and constraints
- Management of Company / Airline procedures and requirements.in line with SLAs and KPI’s
- Management of Quality procedures & requirements on a shift basis
- Management of Health & Safety procedures & requirements on a shift basis
- Good working knowledge of Operational Procedures.
- Manage the day-to-day operation, liaising with Airlines, Agents and Customers.
- Liaise / Deal with staff on rostering issues.
- Complete stats, report on operational failures, on hand list, etc.
- Good working knowledge of all aspects of the Industrial Operation
- Attend and hold monthly Airline customer review meetings
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Manage Security / Quality / Company / Airline procedures & requirements.
- Good Understanding of the Cargo systems such as of: Cargo spot/UC360/NCTS
- The ability to work on own initiative, often under pressure.
- Deal with staff disciplinary procedures.
Qualification & Experience:
- University degree or equivalent, advanced degree in related field or professional certifications are advantageous
- Excellent working knowledge of business management principles and practices, financial concepts, and key drivers of profitability and operational performance delivery.
- Fluent spoken and written English
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience within Cargo Operations, significant accountability and leadership of large teams.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A