Website Transport for Greater Manchester
Are you an Electrical and Mechanical Engineer seeking an opportunity to make a real difference, on the UK’s largest light rail network? Would you relish the chance to contribute across all aspects of your discipline from major projects through to asset management and maintenance? Engineering is at the heart of Metrolink’s plans. At TfGM you will have the opportunity to work in a complex and challenging environment where you will build upon and widen your existing knowledge and experience to really make a difference to the travelling public.
- As the Metrolink E&M Engineer with TfGM you will join our Engineering team working across the engineering life cycle.
- You will be involved in overseeing our maintenance contractor, managing the development of our asset strategy for Metrolink, specifying renewals, and reviewing designs to ensure enhancements to the tramway are safe and meet our requirements.
- In the next year we will be adding three new traction power substations to Metrolink, expanding Queens Road depot, and conducting various OLE renewals.
- The E&M Engineer will be involved at all levels in these projects.
- You will have a good background and significant experience in traction power distribution and a broad overview of the overhead line infrastructure.
- You will also have the ability to influence and negotiate with suppliers and contractors to achieve the best results and have considerable experience in a rail-related environment.
Qualification & Experience:
- You will be educated to degree level or equivalent
- Have experience in the delivery of engineering projects in the light or heavy rail industries together
- Demonstrable experience managing technical interfaces with other engineering disciplines.
Company: Transport for Greater Manchester
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Manchester, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A